Sunday, March 8, 2015

Acrylic paint wall display

I have looked for a lot of projects from different areas on the internet and I came up with this find.
 


One 10' pc. of 4" pvc pipe, about $25
E6000 glue ($2.99 at Wal Mart)
Decorative tape, $1.49 a roll
Brackets, Wal Mart $2.99 for a pack of 2 and they came with the hardware

Cut the tubing into pieces long enough to hold the bottles of paint. Decide what design you want. I ended up with a display that is 14 cut circles. My husband cut these for me on the saw. The white plastic is a mess and the static causes it to cling all over. Use water to clean up and it gets rid of the static. Dry the pieces. Glue the tubes together. I held them together with cans of food. I let them dry for 24 hours. I then applied more glue and stacked them and let those dry for 24 hours. I kept doing this process until it was all complete.

Note. I tried to use my husband's gorilla glue for this project because we had it on hand. What a mess. It dries yellow and it looks terrible. Go buy the E6000, you will be glad that you did.

I was going to apply ribbon to the outside but it would have cost quite a bit and in the end I used colored tape. I needed almost 4 yards for each holder. I think this is what some people call Washi tape. Not sure though. I used brackets with molly and screws to hold it up. It is very heavy!

I think that it turned out great!
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment