Thursday, July 24, 2014

What's in a name?

What's in a name? A lot I figure. It s your identification, what sets you apart from the rest. If you are on the radio and say, "I am the blue and white boat calling that red and black boat, can you hear me?" It just doesn't work well. For the last 5 years we were that blue and white boat. We knew the name of the boat was Cool Change but no one else would know unless we told them. And if someone were searching for us, that makes it difficult as well without the proper name on the boat. Ask me how I know. I called the Coast Guard at one point when Mark was away on one of his fishing trips. I hadn't heard in from him and he normally calls after going off shore. I got nothing And nothing again the next morning. So they were ready to start a search. There was no name on the boat. (Everything was fine by the way).
This year we decided it was time to give her the name. And so it was!




 Oh, and from one of my last posts I told you I would post a picture with the new aluminum arches that got installed. There they are. We were able to get the dodger canopy to clasp onto the arches so that we don't have to use the flimsy small aluminum tent style poles anymore. What a great addition. Also check out the rod and net holders on there. Mark also moved the anchor light from the bow, which you could only see head on, up to the top of the arches. It is folded down in this pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment