Thursday, July 17, 2014

Salmon Patties

This recipe works well for me because I am gluten free. No bread crumbs are needed. This is a handy recipe to make at home or on the boat. I bet you could use it with most of the thicker meat fish you catch. I also posted this on the Galley Swap. Recipes are posted there by boaters to exchange. Enjoy browsing those from the link below. Sign up and post some of your own.
1 pt. canning jar of salmon
3/4 C. oats, uncooked
1/3 C. milk (on the boat I use powdered made up)
1 egg (or equivalent with the EnerG egg replacer)
1/4 C. finely chopped onion
1 t. dill weed or fresh dill
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 lemon squeezed
1 T. butter

Mix all ingredients together, minus the butter . As they sit a couple of minutes and stir again the oatmeal starts to swell and they will stick together nicely. Put the butter in a frying pan and melt. Shape the salmon into patties 1/2" thick and a little smaller than a hamburger patty. Brown in the butter on both sides, about 3 min. each. I liked mine served with a horseradish sauce.


Recipes at The Galley Swap

No comments:

Post a Comment