Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What is a chore?

At what point is it when you are doing something you enjoy that it becomes a chore?
 
Chore is defined as: 
1. a small or odd job; routine task.
2. chores, the everyday work around a house or farm.
3. a hard or unpleasant task
I have always enjoyed mowing the lawn it is something that I love. I am outdoors, getting exercise, and getting something accomplished that has a beautiful end result.
Even when we lived in Gretna Louisiana, it was so hot and humid outside. The love bugs would come and land on you, but I still enjoyed it. I knew that when I finished I would get to jump into the swimming pool that we had in our backyard. It was my own little reward.
Now I am out mowing the lawn and I feel like its a chore. There are more times than not that I don't enjoy doing it. So I ask myself, when did something that I enjoy doing become such a chore? I realized it was when it was an expectation of me to get it done. No one else was going to lend a hand. It wàs going to be me every week of the summer. They relied on me. Ugh! Why do we have to have such a big lawn! I have a renewed appreciation for when my husband plows the snow.
What have you done that you really love that now seems to be a chore?

No comments:

Post a Comment