Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 2, destination Great Sale Cay

Sailing today started out the same, nice in the morning. The sun is very warm. We sailed smoothly at about 4 knots. We seem to do really well sailing in the morning and then motor sailing in the afternoon. We have also found that the waves get quite a bit larger by 4:00pm  and we don't make much headway at all. I spend my days reading and laying in the sun, cleaning,  making lunch, or doing my blog entries on the tablet so that when we do have wifi I can load them up and not have to spend much time on the computer. I always wondered how cruisers found so much time to blog and enter their every thought, now I know. Sailing for this many hours a day, you have a lot of down time.
We fished for the day and caught what we think is an amber jack but on bringing it in , something larger decided that it needed lunch. His whole tail and back end were missing and the sides of him all gashed up.
We made our destination tonight but it was work. We anchored among 7 other boats. I made pad thai for dinner and we were so exhausted we turned in.
Destination tomorrow, Fox Town.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like all is well!!! Maybe not all what was expected but an adventure for sure!!! Enjoy and safe journey!! Carol

    ReplyDelete