Thursday, June 27, 2013

Let's just chill.

Go, go, go. Explore this, snorkel here, sail there. I want a Shawnae day where we just chill. I know, we are on vacation in the Bahamas, but this hot sun, humidity, exploring, snorkeling, walking about town, it is draining in a way that you wouldn't begin to understand. I eat and eat and eat. My friend Melody from s/v Vacilando said it the other day, your body goes into survival mode. Well, I just hope that my metabolism knows that as well so it keeps burning off the 3 grilled cheese sandwiches I just ate. Not even kidding, and I snack every 2 hours as well. Stupid crazy is what it is.
In addition to massive eating, I am always so tired. I wake up and I am exhausted. We go to bed at 8:30 or 9 because we can't keep our eyes open. When we lay in our separate berths though, I lay awake wondering if the anchor will drag, will the tide go so low that the keel will rest on the bottom, or the winds have changed and we are rocking so hard I should be strapped in (and then again will the anchor hold)?
So, yes, we are sitting here anchored. It is a relatively calm day and I just want to chill. Read a little in the sun, a little blogging and maybe some "house cleaning". Just a day for me.
Lol! Mark doesn't understand just chilling. He is always on the go, so we go and explore the island. When we get back, I try again and he says sadly, "ok, I will go fishing and let you do nothing".
Thank you, my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment